Group Admins

• Profile picture of shlampe
  • Profile picture of Sharon Dwyer

Survivors

Public Group active 4 years, 7 months ago ago

A group for survivors. Tell your stories and discuss your plans.

Are there proper names for tumors? (7 posts)

• Profile picture of rick rick said 6 years, 6 months ago:

I don’t remember anybody’s name. How do you think the “dahling” thing got started?
    Zsa Zsa Gabor
    I know this one is out there a bit, but I’ve heard it too may times to ignore it. Sooo,,, did you give your tumor a name? A personality? If so, what was it. And why on Earth would you do such a thing? Just wondering.

• Profile picture of Sharon Dwyer Sharon Dwyer said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Long before I knew I had uterine cancer, I did know I had a huge fibroid tumor (honeydew melon size I think Dr. B. estimated). I named it Trudy as in “Trudy The Tumor”. Don’t remember why I named it but I guess at the time it seemed the logical thing to do. Whenever my fibroid would give me any trouble, I would say “Trudy is kicking” or “Trudy is having a bad day”. When I would tell people I named my fibroid, I’d get very strange looks from them. Trudy is gone now but not forgotten!

• Profile picture of val val said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Do you REALLY want to know what I called it?

• Profile picture of rick rick said 6 years, 6 months ago:

May not have thought this one through.

• Profile picture of lisa m lisa m said 6 years, 6 months ago:

NO! yuck

• Profile picture of said 6 years, 5 months ago:

We named my tumor Voldemort. At first we called it “That Which Cannot Be Named,” but then we just started calling it by it’s given name like Harry Potter did. Ironically, a couple months later I had surgery to remove the tumor from my pancreas, and to this day I still get shots of pain through the scar like Harry gets from his Voldemort scar. The name appears apt.

• Profile picture of Kayla Dolan Kayla Dolan said 6 years, 4 months ago:

I probably would have named mine, to make light of the situation and keep things interesting. However, i only knew i had it for about 3-4 short weeks before it was gone. I didn’t have much time to get to know it i guess, and i sure am thankful!