Group Admins

• Profile picture of shlampe

Healing Through The Arts

Public Group active 6 years, 3 months ago ago

Cancer survivorship recovery through artistic endeavors. You can visit us at http://www.htta.org

The arts and survivorship (3 posts)

• Profile picture of rick rick said 7 years, 5 months ago:

We all express cancer survivorship in different ways. In many cases the vehicle to recovery is some form of self expression. How have the Arts: visual, musical, movement, allowed you to recover more completely and find some inner voice as you’ve journeyed to overcome the effects of cancer?

• Profile picture of rick rick said 7 years, 5 months ago:

For me, it’s music…and has always been music. The expressiveness of a beautiful melody combined with the meaningful lyric cannot be equaled. The two create a whole bigger than the parts. They augment each other and combine in an expressiveness that cannot be equaled. My opinion. Songs such as “Over the Rainbow” and “Seasons of Love” under the prism of cancer survivorship take on a totally new meaning. Discussing “hopefulness” or the “importance of each moment” are newly significant with each of these songs. Anybody have any songs that got them through the tough times?

• Profile picture of Kayla Dolan Kayla Dolan said 6 years, 4 months ago:

“I run for life” by Melissa Etheridge. She wrote it while she was going through her own journey, but i think it seems fitting for all.